Blog Post #7

After visiting the teachers website, I found that all the teachers with a website would have a welcome page for their students or parents. This included an introduction of the class and a summary of what they would find on the website. Most of the teachers included an about me page to introduce themselves to the people that visit their website. The websites that are maintained nicely would have some updated announcements and resources for the students. I found that teachers for technology, math, and science usually maintain their websites the best. The websites that are not really maintained usually have an introduction page, but nothing interactive with the students.

I am planning to become a school counselor. I think that technology would be essential for my professional life. I will probably have to use Microsoft Excel forms to keep on track the record of students that I meet with. If I ever teach a class, I think that having a website is a great way to connect with parents and students. It is also an easy way of keeping materials and resources organized for the students and having interactions with them. 

I think assignment 2 was a fun project. I have been using Canvas for a long time, but I have never been on the teacher's side of it. It was complicated but also interesting to see how the pages work and how to design them. I think canvas is definitely a tool that I will be using if I become a teacher since it is probably one of the most popular tools that schools use. I think for me it was a great opportunity to learn how Canvas works. I do think that there are probably better design tools than Canvas though, because it is quite complicated to use.

 

Comments

Popular Posts