Technology in Academic use

    Keeping in mind copyright and fair use. I will develop my authentic content for my courses. When I am developing my class materials, I will need to know what kind of materials I can use and cannot use, because violating copyright can be against the law. When I use fair use material, I should also be aware if I should as the content creator for permission for use. When students create their own content for class, I should also remind them of copyrights, and give the appropriate credits to the author or creator. I learned a lot in class about how online materials should be used. That we should always look at the copyright of the source that we want to incorporate. As for permission for appropriate sources give credits. I learned that as teachers, we cannot offer students materials that are copyrighted.

    Academic dishonesty can be a huge issue that comes with the advancement of technology. Students have great resources that can help them with their homework, or even do their homework for them. I think as a teacher, I would encourage my students to use technology for their advantage. I will teach them how to use technology correctly for their academics, and I will tell them how they should not be using technology. There will be some use of technology that will be hard to detect, but there are some sources of academic dishonesty resources, which I will utilize. 

    As for AI, I believe that it is a great tool for students. However, I do think it is both beneficial and harmful for students nowadays. Because it is so powerful, students can be abusing it and using it to do their work for them. When AI is used in a way that violates the academic honesty code, then it can be hurting students, especially if found out. I have seen news of students using AI to write their college essays and got caught. This can leave a very harmful mark on their record. If used correctly and ethically, AI can be a great tool for students. AI could be used for some basic research. AI could be utilized when coming up with ideas. AI can quickly tell us certain information without us looking through many websites.

    Through the process of making the newsletter, I learned about many functions that I do not normally use in Microsoft Word. I learned about how to change the background color. I learned about how to design my page so there are different sections. Learning how to make permission slips within a newsletter could be useful when I become a teacher in the future. This assignment also gave me the skills I need to make my page more fun if I ever want to make a handout for my students.



 

Comments

Popular Posts