Blog #5

For my experience using instagram. I am having a very good experience so far. I have not been interacting with many people on it. I did respond to the education related chat, and it was interesting reading people’s opinion and what topics people are discussing. I do enjoy paying more close attention to education related accounts on instagram. It has been informative seeing what is going on in FSU school of education and what other education content creators are posting on instagram. I am looking into becoming a school counselor, so I followed some school counselors and the things they posted have been very helpful seeing what the life of a school counselor looks like and what some of their advice for school counselors is.

Digital divide is the unequal access to technology. Students at the same school can have very different backgrounds with accessing technologies. This can affect students greatly in school if teachers are not aware of the digital divide and give work that students are unable to complete at home. Digital divide could be caused by where students live, students’ socioeconomic status, and students’ resources from their family. As a teacher, it is important to not overlook the digital divide in the classroom so that we can make sure students are getting everything they need for their academics. When I become an educator, I could try to give my students more opportunities to get exposed and learn how to use technology in the classroom. I would get to know my students and make sure I do not give them work that they are unable to complete. I will also advocate for my students so that school would have resources for technology that they could use.

One of the software tools I would like to use is Khan Academy. This is a tool that I used when I was in school. I think Khan Academy has many resources for students to learn what they did not fully understand in class and get more practice in areas they like. Khan Academy not only can help students in class material, but also some standard tests that students might have to take. Another software tool I would like to use is Kahoot. I think kids are competitive and they really like games. Kahoot can be a fun way for the students to review some information and know where they should spend more time studying, while having fun playing a competitive game with their classmates. 

Comments

  1. Hi Sisley :) I completely agree about ensuring our future students are technologically literate and prepared. I think taking extra time to familiarize students with technology is so important nowadays.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts