Let's Talk Technology

    I have had some experience using MS Word, but I generally prefer using Google Doc. I prefer using Google Doc because I use a Macbook, and it takes a really long time for Word to open. Sometimes I would like to open a document quickly in order to take notes. Another reason I like to use Google Doc is because I like how simple and straightforward it is. Although Word has many more functions than Docs, I usually only need the basic functions for taking notes or writing essays. Therefore, sometimes, when there are too many functions, it is less efficient. The last reason why I like Docs is because I like the website design better than Word. I think the Word design looks more old fashioned, whereas the Doc’s design is brighter and more modern looking.

    The ISTE standard that is the most meaningful to me is the collaborator. I really like what it says about teachers not only teaching the students but also learning from the students. Especially in multicultural education, teachers can learn a lot about different cultures through the students. Learning from the student also facilitates their relationships with the students, and enhances the teacher’s cultural competency. I also believe that teaching is teamwork. I don’t believe that a teacher can individually accomplish their jobs. Especially for new teachers, there will always be new situations they run into, and problems they don’t know how to solve. In situations like that,  it is important for them to have other teachers they could learn from. For experienced teachers, they also could grow from learning new strategies and technologies from other teachers. Teachers' collaboration can help create a better school culture and facilitate students’ learning. Students would be more motivated to learn in an environment where all their teachers get along well and work together for their education. 

    For the term digital native, I believe it refers to people that grow up using digital technology and feel comfortable using them in all aspects of life. I do not believe that all people who are born in the time that technology thrives are considered digital natives. Being a digital native should describe how familiar people are with the digital world. How much they actually were in contact with technology throughout their life is the determinant for whether or not they are a digital native. There are teachers that I have had who are young, but are not familiar with the new technology in classrooms. I have felt a gap between my teacher and me. However, I have had teachers that are of the older generation, but have no problem with the technologies. Teachers who are familiar with what they are doing don’t have to stop the class multiple times to adjust their technologies, which leads to a smoother classroom. It is more enjoyable to sit in a class that does not contain many pauses. I do anticipate that there will be many new technologies that come out when I become a teacher, and I will probably need to spend some time figuring out how they work.


"Artificial Intelligence & AI & Machine Learning" by mikemacmarketing is licensed under CC BY 2.0. To view a copy of this license, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0/?ref=openverse. 


 

Comments

Popular Posts