Introduction

 Hi, my name is Sisley. I am an international student from China and I study psychology. I have a passion for education, especially school counseling and students' mental health. I also love working with children. In my free time I love making coffee for myself. Someday I will be able to afford a fancy espresso machine to replace mine. I love exploring the nature and traveling to different places. Nature scenery is always more preferable than cities for me. 

Growing up it has always been pen and paper until I was in high school. My school gave us surface pros and we got to use them to do homework and take notes. That was when I learned how to use google doc collaboration. Right now, my iPad is my best pal for taking notes. I use both google and Microsoft depending on what I am working on. I also learned to use AI after getting in college, which is slowly replacing google search for me.

For online resources, I definitely use Canvas a lot for my assignments and checking announcements from teachers. As I have mentioned before, AI has been a big help for looking for resources and for basic research on a topic that I am interested in. I use Youtube a lot for additional knowledge that I am interested in. Recently I have been watching a lot of videos on History because I used to hate History and not take it seriously. There are also some news websites, especially education news, that I would check once a while to gain more insight in what is going on around the world.

Comments

  1. Hi Sisley!
    I think it is so cool that you are an International student and I wish you talked more about it, as I am looking to study abroad and would love to hear your experience moving to an entirely different country. I find it fascinating how you were always pen and paper in the classroom, as I always had computers and access to them as an option instead of pen and paper. Additionally, I also use canvas a lot and find it as a great way to keep track of what i have to do by using the dashboard. I wish you the best for your career!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts